Using the technical documentation generator¶
The purpose of this section is to provide ‘quick’ reference information (on syntax, available tools, style conventions, etc) that may be required by technical writers or translators working with the project documentation.
The most important information is about reStructuredText, the markup language used in the technical documentation (user manual, etc.).
There is also some (basic) information about Sphinx, the application that automatically converts the text files and generates the documentation in HTML format or PDF format.
For example, this HTML page was originally written in reStructuredText. Please, press the Source link in the menu to see the original text and markup.
- Sphinx’s reStructuredText primer
- Tools for reStructuredText
- Publishing the documents online
- Showing source code examples in Sphinx
- Creating diagrams in Sphinx
- Managing bibliographic citations in Sphinx
- Creating equations in Sphinx